Meet Cyclamen & Friends

Hi there!

Introduce you to the beautiful creatures.

I went to the florist shop.
Of course, it's eye-catching!
The beautiful flower at the left side at the bottom is Azalea but it's quite pricey so, move on.
I ended up buying these two beautiful creatures - the Pink Garden Rose and Cyclamen. It's funny how I always say I don't like pink and roses, but I'm often drawn to them. I can't resist their beauty.

Here's a fun fact about roses: they are created to "show off" their beauty. The greatest pleasure of planting garden roses is the harvest, in addition to their fragrant scent. Roses last the longest when they are cut immediately after the bud stage, when the petals are starting to open (gardendesign.com).

As for the Cyclamen, I was captivated by its white color and the shape of its leaves. Caring for a Cyclamen is a bit special. This flower is quite sensitive to changes in temperature. Another interesting fact about Cyclamen is that, according to the florist at the shop, in order to allow the bud to bloom, we need to pluck off one of the spent blossoms to make room for the new one.

Cactus. Of course, the most easy-going plants are cacti! Here's a fun fact about cacti, according to the florist, and something I've heard many times before cactus plants have anti-inflammatory properties. They can help reduce damage caused by free radicals in brain cells. Cactus inhibit the formation of free radicals in brain cells, offering a protective effect on the brain through their anti-oxidative flavonoid activity (planthospital.com).



My new addiction. I placed them at my room balcony. :)
The view from inside of my room. Hello, beautiful! 


Well, surely this is how I transported them home. By train... :p

Thank you for viewing my beautiful friends. 

Comments

Popular Posts